Meeting Information Location: Charleston Coliseum and Convention Center – Terrace Rooms 211-214 (2nd floor)
Speaker Information for October
October 21st – Ashley Horbachewski, Director, “Grow Hope. Grow Healing. Grow Children’s.”” introduced by Gabrielle Wright
October 28th – Terrell Ellis, “Advantage Valley,” introduced by Jerry Roueché
Rotary Youth Exchange
Know a teenager that might be interested in the Rotary Youth Exchange? Have them fill out this short online form. The Vandalia Rotary Club is looking for interested teenagers who are interested in seeing the world! Selected teens will be spend one month traveling in eastern Europe and then will host an exchange student here for 30 days and highlight WV and the United States.
Exchange students unlock their true potential to:
- Develop life long leadership skills
- Learn a new language and culture
- Build lasting friendships with young people from around the world
- Become a global citizen
The Community Investment Committee (CIC) is gearing up for a new and exciting year. If you would like to join this committee, please reach out to Michelle Foster firstname.lastname@example.org . The CIC usually meets for an hour prior to the general meeting and the meetings are scheduled on an as needed basis.
You are Invited for the Holiday Kick-Off Event! CLOG presents “Oklahoma” Pre-Show Reception 6-7:30pm in Lounge – enjoy Heavy hors d’ouevres and drinks with fellow Rotary members and their guests. Reserved Seating – click on event to register and purchase your tickets
New Proposed Member:
Greeter/Prayer for October
Please contact Mike Fidler at 304-546-8156 or email@example.com
October 21st – Tim Paxton
October 28th – Mark Pendleton
LOCAL ROTARY CLUB MAKE-UP LOCATIONS
The Program Committee, they meet weekly at the Charleston Coliseum and Convention Center, directly after the regular scheduled meeting. Parking is free just let the parking attendant know you are with the Rotary Club of Charleston.
Putnam Rotary Club Meeting begins at 12:00 noon at the First State Bank Community Room
3754 Teays Valley Road
Hurricane, WV 25526
Vandalia Club meets at Edgewood Country Club. Wednesdays from 7:30-8:30 – last Wednesday of month is a social or service project.
Meeting begins 12:00 noon St. Albans Rotary Club at their new meeting location is City National Bank 560 4th Street Saint Albans, WV 25177
Other Ways to Make-up a Meeting:
1. The board unanimously approved another avenue to get additional credit for attendance. In addition to attending a committee meeting, doing an online make-up, or visiting another Rotary Club you can now get one meeting credit for every new member prospect/guest you bring to a regular Monday meeting. The credit will apply during the same quarter in which you bring the potential member/guest. This is a great way to both make up attendance and recruit new members into our club. Contact Paul White with questions.
2. To do a make-up meeting on-line, click the link below: Rotary Club Online make-up location: http://www.rotaryeclubone.org/The on-line system is set up to provide a written confirmation of the make-up to the person who actually did the make-up. The Member is then responsible for providing the confirmation to their Rotary Club Administrator. Please forward a copy of your confirmation letter to me firstname.lastname@example.org to receive proper credit, also check the weekly newsletter to see if I have listed your make up and name, if not this indicates that I did not receive your make-up notice.
Attendance Monday, October 14, 2019
Number of Members attended: Active: 38 Exempt: 17
Number of Guests: 2
Visiting Rotarians: 0
Total Members Attended: 57
MEMBERS ATTENDING OTHER CLUB:
Online Make-up: Cindy McGhee