Message from President Welty, process for inviting guests to our virtual meetings.
To : Rotary Club of Charleston members:
Subject: Process for inviting guests to our virtual meetings
Thanks for the positive feedback and comments on our meetings! If you are attending, please continue and if not we encourage you to log on and enjoy!
I also want to ask that you continue to invite guests to benefit from the great speakers the Program Committee is lining up for us. Here is the simple process to follow when inviting guests:
- Forward the log on information to your guest and ask them to register.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cc to email@example.com letting us know who your guest is.
- The email is essential because we want to a) warmly greet guests and b) we must record guests for Rotary and for our virtual system.
We appreciate your participation and look forward to welcoming your guests and, when appropriate, inviting them to become members!
Speaker Information for January
1/4/2021 – Joe Boczek, “Game Changer,” introduced by Mary Cook
Joe Boczek is the former Sports Information Director at West Virginia University where he worked with Don Nehlen and Gale Catlett in the 1980’s. The highlights of that era of Mountaineer Athletics include a victory at Oklahoma in 1982, appearances in five bowl games with victors in three and five appearances in the NCAA Basketball Tournament.
Boczek owned his own Advertising and Marketing Agency for 25 years until co-founding the Game Changer along with WVSSAC Executive Director Bernie Dolan and MVB Bank CFO and Executive Vice President Don Robinson in 2019. In just two short years Boczek has spearheaded an effort that has seen the formation of what is believed to be the nation’s largest public-private coalition to fight Opioid and Substance Abuse. Among many initiatives already undertaken, was the Change Their Holiday Promotion which raised over $50,000 and provided families in recovery from Opioids a genuine holiday including a visit from Santa to over 44 children who otherwise may have been missed due to financial issues.
Boczek is currently working with several entities including the prestigious Betty Ford/Hazelden Foundation and the Game Changers Sponsors to provide a complete prevention program in all middle and high schools in West Virginia by the fall of 2021 depending on COVID, of course.
1/11/2021 – District Governor, Sean Sawyer, “Rotary District Report,” introduced by Bob Welty
1/18/2021 – Holiday – No Meeting
1/25/2021- Brian Dayton, “How the 2020 Elections May Shape the 85th Legislature”? introduced by Mary Cook
The Charleston Rotary Program Committee would to hear from you! Please click on the link below and tell us how we are doing!
LeAnne Kelly – January 8th
Brad Ritchie – January 8th
Lee Edmondson – January 10th
Dave Haden – January 11th
New Proposed Member:
Greeter/Prayer for January
Please contact Mike Fidler at 304-546-8156 or firstname.lastname@example.org
No Greeters at this time.
LOCAL ROTARY CLUB MAKE-UP LOCATIONS
The Program Committee, they meet weekly at the Charleston Coliseum and Convention Center, directly after the regular scheduled meeting. Parking is free just let the parking attendant know you are with the Rotary Club of Charleston.
Putnam Rotary Club Meeting begins at 12:00 noon at the First State Bank Community Room
3754 Teays Valley Road
Hurricane, WV 25526
Vandalia Club meets at Edgewood Country Club. Wednesdays from 7:30-8:30 – last Wednesday of month is a social or service project.
Meeting begins 12:00 noon St. Albans Rotary Club at their new meeting location is City National Bank 560 4th Street Saint Albans, WV 25177
Other Ways to Make-up a Meeting:
1. The board unanimously approved another avenue to get additional credit for attendance. In addition to attending a committee meeting, doing an online make-up, or visiting another Rotary Club you can now get one meeting credit for every new member prospect/guest you bring to a regular Monday meeting. The credit will apply during the same quarter in which you bring the potential member/guest. This is a great way to both make up attendance and recruit new members into our club. Contact Paul White with questions.
2. To do a make-up meeting on-line, click the link below: Rotary Club Online make-up location: http://www.rotaryeclubone.org/The on-line system is set up to provide a written confirmation of the make-up to the person who actually did the make-up. The Member is then responsible for providing the confirmation to their Rotary Club Administrator. Please forward a copy of your confirmation letter to me email@example.com to receive proper credit, also check the weekly newsletter to see if I have listed your make up and name, if not this indicates that I did not receive your make-up notice.
Attendance Monday, December 28, 2020
No Meeting Held
MEMBERS ATTENDING OTHER CLUB:
Online Make-up: None