Rotary Board Elections for the 2021-2022 year.
The nominating committee has met and the following Rotarians have been selected to serve on the Rotary Board for a 3 year term, beginning July 1, 2021:
Dr. Michelle Foster
Since we are not in person, Survey Monkey will be used for election purposes. Later this week you will receive an email to vote for the open board positions. It is important that you vote – so please use the link in the email when you receive it. At next week’s meeting, we will announce the final results.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Christy Elliott.
Christy L.Elliott BB&T,now Truist – Senior Vice President
Market President VI
300 Summers Street | Charleston, WV 25301
Office:304-348-7240| Mobile: 304-545-0889
Message from President Welty, process for inviting guests to our virtual meetings.
To : Rotary Club of Charleston members:
Subject: Process for inviting guests to our virtual meetings
Thanks for the positive feedback and comments on our meetings! If you are attending, please continue and if not we encourage you to log on and enjoy!
I also want to ask that you continue to invite guests to benefit from the great speakers the Program Committee is lining up for us. Here is the simple process to follow when inviting guests:
- Forward the log on information to your guest and ask them to register.
- Send an email to email@example.com with a cc to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know who your guest is.
- The email is essential because we want to a) warmly greet guests and b) we must record guests for Rotary and for our virtual system.
We appreciate your participation and look forward to welcoming your guests and, when appropriate, inviting them to become members!
Speaker Information for January
1/11/2021 – District Governor, Sean Sawyer, “Rotary District Report,” introduced by Bob Welty
1/18/2021 – Holiday – No Meeting
1/25/2021- Brian Dayton, “How the 2020 Elections May Shape the 85th Legislature”? introduced by Mary Cook
The Charleston Rotary Program Committee would to hear from you! Please click on the link below and tell us how we are doing!
Vic Grigoraci – January 14th
Jeff Purdy – January 14th
Marilyn DiVita – January 15th
Jerry Walker – January 17th
Katie Capito – January 20th
Allan McVey – January 20th
Cyndi Persily – January 20th
25 Years – Tino Amores – Join Date: January 19, 1996
New Proposed Member:
Bryle “Bryle” Henderson Hatch
Company/Organization: West Virginia State University
Business Address: 103 Ferrell Hall, P.O. Box 399
Institute, WV 25112-1000
Business Phone: 304-766-3112
Business email: email@example.com
Home Address: 32 Devonshire Drive #107
Scott Depot, WV 25560
Cell Phone: 304-590-1336
Proposed by: Pat Schumann
Join Date: January 4, 2021
Greeter/Prayer for January
Please contact Mike Fidler at 304-546-8156 or firstname.lastname@example.org
No Greeters at this time.
LOCAL ROTARY CLUB MAKE-UP LOCATIONS
The Program Committee, they meet weekly at the Charleston Coliseum and Convention Center, directly after the regular scheduled meeting. Parking is free just let the parking attendant know you are with the Rotary Club of Charleston.
Putnam Rotary Club Meeting begins at 12:00 noon at the First State Bank Community Room
3754 Teays Valley Road
Hurricane, WV 25526
Vandalia Club meets at Edgewood Country Club. Wednesdays from 7:30-8:30 – last Wednesday of month is a social or service project.
Meeting begins 12:00 noon St. Albans Rotary Club at their new meeting location is City National Bank 560 4th Street Saint Albans, WV 25177
Other Ways to Make-up a Meeting:
1. The board unanimously approved another avenue to get additional credit for attendance. In addition to attending a committee meeting, doing an online make-up, or visiting another Rotary Club you can now get one meeting credit for every new member prospect/guest you bring to a regular Monday meeting. The credit will apply during the same quarter in which you bring the potential member/guest. This is a great way to both make up attendance and recruit new members into our club. Contact Paul White with questions.
2. To do a make-up meeting on-line, click the link below: Rotary Club Online make-up location: http://www.rotaryeclubone.org/The on-line system is set up to provide a written confirmation of the make-up to the person who actually did the make-up. The Member is then responsible for providing the confirmation to their Rotary Club Administrator. Please forward a copy of your confirmation letter to me email@example.com to receive proper credit, also check the weekly newsletter to see if I have listed your make up and name, if not this indicates that I did not receive your make-up notice.
Attendance Monday, January 4, 2020
Virtual Meeting Attendance:
Number of Members attended: Active: 52 Exempt: 11
Number of Guests: 2
Visiting Rotarians: 0
Total Members Attended: 65
MEMBERS ATTENDING OTHER CLUB:
Online Make-up: None