Message from President Welty, process for inviting guests to our virtual meetings.
To : Rotary Club of Charleston members:
Subject: Process for inviting guests to our virtual meetings
Thanks for the positive feedback and comments on our meetings! If you are attending, please continue and if not we encourage you to log on and enjoy!
I also want to ask that you continue to invite guests to benefit from the great speakers the Program Committee is lining up for us. Here is the simple process to follow when inviting guests:
- Forward the log on information to your guest and ask them to register.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cc to email@example.com letting us know who your guest is.
- The email is essential because we want to a) warmly greet guests and b) we must record guests for Rotary and for our virtual system.
We appreciate your participation and look forward to welcoming your guests and, when appropriate, inviting them to become members!
Speaker Information for January – February
1/25/2021- Brian Dayton, “How the 2020 Elections May Shape the 85th Legislature”? introduced by Mary Cook
Brian Dayton has been with the West Virginia Chamber of Commerce since June 2012. He serves as Vice President of Policy and Advocacy.
A native of Moundsville, West Virginia, Brian has a degree in Political Science from West Virginia University and received his Masters in Public Administration from West Virginia University in 2012. Prior to joining the West Virginia Chamber, he worked on several campaigns including Beth Walker’s campaign for the West Virginia Supreme Court in 2008.
Brian is an avid target-shooter and a self-proclaimed novice chef. Brian and his wife, Ashley, reside in Hurricane, WV, with their 2-year old son, Hudson, and their 7-month old daughter, Oakley.
2/1/2021 – Elise Yanders, “Increasing Diversity in Financial Services/Story of an early Black financial advisor,”introduced by Reid Bracken
2/8/2021– Dr. Nicole Pride, “130th Anniversary of University Founding,” introduced by Pat Schumann
2/15/2021– Holiday – No Meeting
2/22/2021– John Chambers, “Fireside Chat,” introduced by Lyle Sattes
The Charleston Rotary Program Committee would to hear from you! Please click on the link below and tell us how we are doing!
Tom Bloch, II – January 28th
Richard Sinclair – January 29th
Dan Foster – January 31st
Paul Phoenix – February 1st
Steve Platz – February 1st
New Proposed Member:
Greeter/Prayer for January – February
Please contact Mike Fidler at 304-546-8156 or firstname.lastname@example.org
No Greeters at this time.
LOCAL ROTARY CLUB MAKE-UP LOCATIONS
The Program Committee, they meet weekly at the Charleston Coliseum and Convention Center, directly after the regular scheduled meeting. Parking is free just let the parking attendant know you are with the Rotary Club of Charleston.
Putnam Rotary Club Meeting begins at 12:00 noon at the First State Bank Community Room
3754 Teays Valley Road
Hurricane, WV 25526
Vandalia Club meets at Edgewood Country Club. Wednesdays from 7:30-8:30 – last Wednesday of month is a social or service project.
Meeting begins 12:00 noon St. Albans Rotary Club at their new meeting location is City National Bank 560 4th Street Saint Albans, WV 25177
Other Ways to Make-up a Meeting:
1. The board unanimously approved another avenue to get additional credit for attendance. In addition to attending a committee meeting, doing an online make-up, or visiting another Rotary Club you can now get one meeting credit for every new member prospect/guest you bring to a regular Monday meeting. The credit will apply during the same quarter in which you bring the potential member/guest. This is a great way to both make up attendance and recruit new members into our club. Contact Paul White with questions.
2. To do a make-up meeting on-line, click the link below: Rotary Club Online make-up location: http://www.rotaryeclubone.org/The on-line system is set up to provide a written confirmation of the make-up to the person who actually did the make-up. The Member is then responsible for providing the confirmation to their Rotary Club Administrator. Please forward a copy of your confirmation letter to me email@example.com to receive proper credit, also check the weekly newsletter to see if I have listed your make up and name, if not this indicates that I did not receive your make-up notice.
Attendance Monday, January 18, 2020
No Meeting Held
MEMBERS ATTENDING OTHER CLUB:
Online Make-up: None