The Charleston Rotary Board is closely monitoring the increase in cases of COVID-19 in WV and Kanawha County. The CDC’s recommendation is to wear a mask for all indoor activities where cases are high and Kanawha County is now included. The Board recommends wearing a mask when not actively eating or drinking. As a reminder, virtual attendance is still available and you have received an invitation to register for that platform. We will continue to monitor the cases and make appropriate decisions to protect all Rotarians.
- Masks are not required but recommended for those who feel more comfortable wearing one.
- Lunch will be served buffet style.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Pay-at-the-door lunches are $11.00 and can be paid via cash, check or card.
Sterling Elliott will be in Charleston for an appearance with the WVSO. Prior to the start of the meeting, Sterling will demonstrate his talent with the cello.
As one of the youngest musicians to work as a sub for the New York Philharmonic, Mr. Elliott is a renowned cellist who had his solo debut at the age of seven. Beginning his studies at the age of three, Sterling is the youngest of three children, who are string instrumentalists, and rounded out The Elliott Family String Quartet.
Sterling recently won first prize in the Senior Division of the 2019 22nd Annual Sphinx Competition. Playing in prestigious locations such as San Francisco, Boston, Switzerland, and even Carnegie Hall. Sterling is now completing his cello studies at Juilliard where he is a Kovner Fellow.
October 25th Meeting – Board Presentation.
Be sure to mark your calendar. We will discuss plans for 2022.
Rotary’s Vision is Together, we see a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change — across the globe, in our communities, and in ourselves.
YOU have the opportunity to live our vision! As part of the annual University of Charleston and West Virginia State University “Blood Battle” – Rotarians will now be able to donate blood on Monday, November 1st – before or after our regular meeting. And – you can choose which side of the Kanawha River your donation will support. Will you choose the Yellow Jackets or the Golden Eagles????
See below for details or visit https://www.redcrossblood.org/give.html/drive-results?zipSponsor=charlestonwv to learn more!!!
Site: Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center
Address: 200 Civic Center Drive, Charleston, WV, 25304
Room Name: 204 & 205
Date: Mon Nov 1, 2021
Time: 10:00 AM – 03:00 PM
Blood Program Leader Name: Christy Elliott
Click here to make an appointment
November 1st: Diana Sole Walko- Producing During a Pandemic & Blennerhassett Island Project – Introduced by Allison Francis
November 8th: Clay Marsh: Updates on COVID – Introduced by Ted Armbrecht
November 15th: Venus Hong Brown: Journey as a Vietnamese Charleston CPA – Introduced by Vic Grigoraci
November 22nd: THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY- NO MEETING
Vaccines are encouraged! The Board of Directors is in full support of the Governor’s, as well as the Health Department’s, efforts to vaccinate the citizens of our great State and County. We encourage all members to support this effort and get vaccinated. If you are still in need of a vaccine, please go to www.vaccinefinder.org and locate a vaccine site near you. You can even make an appointment there. If you do not use the internet, you can also call the WV COVID Vaccine Hotline at 1-833-734-0965 and they will help you schedule an appointment.
LOCAL ROTARY CLUB MAKE-UP LOCATIONS
The Program Committee will resume weekly meetings at the Charleston Coliseum and Convention Center when in person meetings commence, directly after the regular scheduled meeting. Parking is free just let the parking attendant know you are with the Rotary Club of Charleston.
Putnam Rotary Club Meeting begins at 12:00 noon at Area 34
7013, 971 WV-34 in Hurricane.
Vandalia Club meets at Edgewood Country Club Wednesdays from 7:30am – 8:30am. The last Wednesday of month is a social or service project.
St. Albans Rotary Club meets every Thursday at 12:00 noon in their new meeting location at City National Bank 560 4th Street, Saint Albans, WV 25177.
South Charleston Rotary Club meets on the 3rd Thursday of every month at 12:00 noon. Meetings are located at Little Creek Country Club, South Charleston, WV.
Other Ways to Make-up a Meeting:
1. The board unanimously approved another avenue to get additional credit for attendance. In addition to attending a committee meeting, doing an online make-up, or visiting another Rotary Club you can now get one meeting credit for every new member prospect/guest you bring to a regular Monday meeting. The credit will apply during the same quarter in which you bring the potential member/guest. This is a great way to both make up attendance and recruit new members into our club. Contact Paul White with questions.
2. To attend a make-up meeting on-line, click the link below: Rotary Club Online make-up location: http://www.rotaryeclubone.org/ The on-line system is set up to provide a written confirmation of the make-up to the person who actually did it. The member is then responsible for providing confirmation to their Rotary Club Administrator. Please forward a copy of your confirmation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive proper credit.