Hybrid Meeting July 26, 2021
Monday’s meeting will be held in Terrace Rooms 210-212. Enter as always from the parking garage entrance then take stairs or escalator to the second floor and turn right. There will be signage. You will receive an invitation to the Hybrid meeting as well.
Our speaker next week is Jack Runyon, a Hurricane High School teacher who will talk about West Virginia Studies and the Golden Horseshoe Contest. He will be introduced by Allison Francis.
- Masks are not required but recommended for those who feel more comfortable wearing one.
- Lunch will be served buffet style with plexi-glass guards in place.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Pay-at-the-door lunches are $11.00 and can be paid via cash, check or card.
2021-2022 Board of Directors:
Christy Elliott, President
Justin Southern, President- Elect, Program Committee Chair
Michelle Foster, Secretary, Community Investment Committee Chair
Harold Holstein, Treasurer
Melissa Pemberton, Club Director, Young Professionals Membership
JB Akers, Club Director
Allison Francis, Club Director, Program Committee Secretary
Craig Glover, Club Director, Diversity and Inclusion Chair
Bill Scharf, Club Director
DF Mock, Club Director, Membership Chair
Bob Welty, Immediate Past President
Mary Cook, Interim Club Administrator
We have raised $85,480 of our $100,000 goal and we need all Rotarians to help us get there. The West Virginia American Water Company Foundation recently donated $20,000 to this project. We were selected second out of nine projects submitted from a multi-state area. We have received generous donations from banks and other corporations involved with Rotary. We don’t have far to go. We hope you will agree to help us get there. All donations help! Click here to contribute!Under the leadership of Michelle Foster, chair of the Community Investment Committee, Rotary has been a key community player in the upgrade of this critical community park. We are working with the City of Charleston, Kanawha County Schools, Piedmont Elementary and their PTO, Childhood Language Center and the local community to make this dream a reality.
HOLD THE DATE: Rotary Club is hosting a hike in Kanawha State Forest on August 10th at 5:30 PM, followed by dinner at a local spot. Melissa Pemberton and Brian Sloan are organizing this as a way to encourage Young Professionals to join our club. All members are welcome and encouraged to join. More information to follow!
MLK MURAL PROJECT Mike Fidler, chair of the Fellowship Committee, is planning a workshop day for Rotarians and their families to come together with the City’s Director of Public Art, Jeff Pierson, to make portraits for the mural project. Stay tuned for more details.
Vaccines are encouraged! The Board of Directors is in full support of the Governor’s, as well as the Health Department’s, efforts to vaccinate the citizens of our great State and County. We encourage all members to support this effort and get vaccinated. If you are still in need of a vaccine, please go to www.vaccinefinder.org and locate a vaccine site near you. You can even make an appointment there. If you do not use the internet, you can also call the WV COVID Vaccine Hotline at 1-833-734-0965 and they will help you schedule an appointment.
LOCAL ROTARY CLUB MAKE-UP LOCATIONS
The Program Committee will resume weekly meetings at the Charleston Coliseum and Convention Center when in person meetings commence, directly after the regular scheduled meeting. Parking is free just let the parking attendant know you are with the Rotary Club of Charleston.
Putnam Rotary Club Meeting begins at 12:00 noon at Area 34
7013, 971 WV-34 in Hurricane.
Vandalia Club meets at Edgewood Country Club Wednesdays from 7:30am – 8:30am. The last Wednesday of month is a social or service project.
St. Albans Rotary Club meets every Thursday at 12:00 noon in their new meeting location at City National Bank 560 4th Street, Saint Albans, WV 25177.
South Charleston Rotary Club meets on the 3rd Thursday of every month at 12:00 noon. Meetings are located at Little Creek Country Club, South Charleston, WV.
Other Ways to Make-up a Meeting:
1. The board unanimously approved another avenue to get additional credit for attendance. In addition to attending a committee meeting, doing an online make-up, or visiting another Rotary Club you can now get one meeting credit for every new member prospect/guest you bring to a regular Monday meeting. The credit will apply during the same quarter in which you bring the potential member/guest. This is a great way to both make up attendance and recruit new members into our club. Contact Paul White with questions.
2. To attend a make-up meeting on-line, click the link below: Rotary Club Online make-up location: http://www.rotaryeclubone.org/ The on-line system is set up to provide a written confirmation of the make-up to the person who actually did it. The member is then responsible for providing confirmation to their Rotary Club Administrator. Please forward a copy of your confirmation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive proper credit.