Welcome Back to In Person Meetings July 12, 2021
I hope you’re as excited as I am about the 2021-22 Charleston Rotary Club season – where we return to in-person meetings on July 12th! Our speaker is Ken Allman. The Hinton native, who resides in St. Louis, will present to us live and in person for our “welcome back” meeting!
Before we look too far into the future, I want to thank Bob Welty for his service in the most trying time in memory. Bob has presided in an entirely virtual era, and I thank him for his leadership in an unprecedented time. He led us through this without the pleasure of ever ringing the bell (we’ll rectify that) ! I must also recognize Cyndi Persily, our immediate past president, for her steady hand each Monday meeting as she skillfully prepared our presenters and delivered our programs smoothly. And, without our resident IT Guru, Brian Sloan, I am not sure how we would have made it! Everyone on the board chipped in to make it the best virtual year we could imagine. I am humbled to take the momentum into the 2021-22 year.
A few things you will want to know about returning:
- We are meeting in our usual spot at the Charleston Coliseum and Convention Center Room 202-203. The room has been reconfigured somewhat to suit our needs for the hybird meeting.
- Masks are not required but recommended for those who feel more comfortable wearing one.
- Lunch will be served buffet style with plexi-glass guards in place.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- We’ll kick off around 12:10 on the first meeting back.
- Pay-at-the-door lunches are $11.00 and can be paid via cash, check or card.
Please have patience as the board works through our first meeting since March of 2020. Mary Cook, our interim Club Administrator, will be there to assist with any issues.
We’re all excited to be back in person on July 12 and I hope to see you.
Spread the word with fellow Rotarians!
President, Charleston Rotary Club
As a reminder, Mary Cook is our Club Administrator in Deb’s absence. Please direct all correspondence, that would normally go to Deb, to Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that your invoice this cycle includes the reinstatement of the meal charge. If you have not paid your invoice, please contact Mary Cook to arrange for payment.
If you cannot attend in person on July 12th, you can still attend virtually. If you did not receive the link, please email email@example.com.
Vaccines are encouraged! The Board of Directors is in full support of the Governor’s, as well as the Health Department’s, efforts to vaccinate the citizens of our great State and County. We encourage all members to support this effort and get vaccinated. If you are still in need of a vaccine, please go to www.vaccinefinder.org and locate a vaccine site near you. You can even make an appointment there. If you do not use the internet, you can also call the WV COVID Vaccine Hotline at 1-833-734-0965 and they will help you schedule an appointment.
LOCAL ROTARY CLUB MAKE-UP LOCATIONS
The Program Committee will resume weekly meetings at the Charleston Coliseum and Convention Center when in person meetings commence, directly after the regular scheduled meeting. Parking is free just let the parking attendant know you are with the Rotary Club of Charleston.
Putnam Rotary Club Meeting begins at 12:00 noon at Area 34
7013, 971 WV-34 in Hurricane.
Vandalia Club meets at Edgewood Country Club Wednesdays from 7:30am – 8:30am. The last Wednesday of month is a social or service project.
St. Albans Rotary Club meets every Thursday at 12:00 noon in their new meeting location at City National Bank 560 4th Street, Saint Albans, WV 25177.
South Charleston Rotary Club meets on the 3rd Thursday of every month at 12:00 noon. Meetings are located at Little Creek Country Club, South Charleston, WV.
Other Ways to Make-up a Meeting:
1. The board unanimously approved another avenue to get additional credit for attendance. In addition to attending a committee meeting, doing an online make-up, or visiting another Rotary Club you can now get one meeting credit for every new member prospect/guest you bring to a regular Monday meeting. The credit will apply during the same quarter in which you bring the potential member/guest. This is a great way to both make up attendance and recruit new members into our club. Contact Paul White with questions.
2. To attend a make-up meeting on-line, click the link below: Rotary Club Online make-up location: http://www.rotaryeclubone.org/ The on-line system is set up to provide a written confirmation of the make-up to the person who actually did it. The member is then responsible for providing confirmation to their Rotary Club Administrator. Please forward a copy of your confirmation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive proper credit.