Message from President Welty, process for inviting guests to our virtual meetings.
To : Rotary Club of Charleston members:
Subject: Process for inviting guests to our virtual meetings
Thanks for the positive feedback and comments on our meetings! If you are attending, please continue and if not we encourage you to log on and enjoy!
I also want to ask that you continue to invite guests to benefit from the great speakers the Program Committee is lining up for us. Here is the simple process to follow when inviting guests:
- Forward the log on information to your guest and ask them to register.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cc to email@example.com letting us know who your guest is.
- The email is essential because we want to a) warmly greet guests and b) we must record guests for Rotary and for our virtual system.
We appreciate your participation and look forward to welcoming your guests and, when appropriate, inviting them to become members!
Speaker Information for March
3/15/2021 – Amelia Courts, “Education Alliance,” introduced by Dan Foster
Dr. Amelia Courts Since 2013, Dr. Amelia Courts has served as the President/CEO of The Education Alliance, a non-profit organization that mobilizes business and community support to advance a quality education for all West Virginia students. Under her leadership,the Alliance has been a leader in advancing innovative workforce initiatives including the Governor’s STEM Council, computer science programming, and virtual/blended learning programs. The Education Alliance programs to serve more than 176,000 students over the past five years and leverage $6.7 million dollars for students. Program data shows that 70% of students showed academic improvement and 49% increased career readiness. Recent initiatives, such as the WV Ready Graduate, outline the knowledge and skills high school graduates need to be successful.
Dr. Courts serves as an Emeritus Board Member for the West Virginia Children’s Home Society and is active in her local church youth program. She is a member of the Charleston Chapter of WELD’s Steering Committee and of the Pittsburgh Remake Learning Council.
3/22/2021 – Generation West Virginia, Natalie Roper, “Generation West Virginia,” introduced by Mary Cook
3/29/2021 – Rainer Hindsberg, “Rotary Exchange and Rotary Day at the UN,” introduced by Reid Brecken
The Charleston Rotary Program Committee would to hear from you! Please click on the link below and tell us how we are doing!
Chris Rawlings – March 19th
Christy Elliott – March 22nd
Jim Long – March 22nd
Kim Matthews – March 24th
New Proposed Member:
Greeter/Prayer for March
Please contact Mike Fidler at 304-546-8156 or firstname.lastname@example.org
No Greeters at this time.
LOCAL ROTARY CLUB MAKE-UP LOCATIONS
The Program Committee, they meet weekly at the Charleston Coliseum and Convention Center, directly after the regular scheduled meeting. Parking is free just let the parking attendant know you are with the Rotary Club of Charleston.
Putnam Rotary Club Meeting begins at 12:00 noon at the First State Bank Community Room
3754 Teays Valley Road
Hurricane, WV 25526
Vandalia Club meets at Edgewood Country Club. Wednesdays from 7:30-8:30 – last Wednesday of month is a social or service project.
Meeting begins 12:00 noon St. Albans Rotary Club at their new meeting location is City National Bank 560 4th Street Saint Albans, WV 25177
Other Ways to Make-up a Meeting:
1. The board unanimously approved another avenue to get additional credit for attendance. In addition to attending a committee meeting, doing an online make-up, or visiting another Rotary Club you can now get one meeting credit for every new member prospect/guest you bring to a regular Monday meeting. The credit will apply during the same quarter in which you bring the potential member/guest. This is a great way to both make up attendance and recruit new members into our club. Contact Paul White with questions.
2. To do a make-up meeting on-line, click the link below: Rotary Club Online make-up location: http://www.rotaryeclubone.org/The on-line system is set up to provide a written confirmation of the make-up to the person who actually did the make-up. The Member is then responsible for providing the confirmation to their Rotary Club Administrator. Please forward a copy of your confirmation letter to me email@example.com to receive proper credit, also check the weekly newsletter to see if I have listed your make up and name, if not this indicates that I did not receive your make-up notice.
Attendance Monday, March 8, 2020
Virtual Meeting Attendance:
Number of Members attended: Active: Exempt:
Number of Guests:
Total Members Attended:
MEMBERS ATTENDING OTHER CLUB:
Online Make-up: None