Message from President Welty, process for inviting guests to our virtual meetings.
To : Rotary Club of Charleston members:
Subject: Process for inviting guests to our virtual meetings
Thanks for the positive feedback and comments on our meetings! If you are attending, please continue and if not we encourage you to log on and enjoy!
I also want to ask that you continue to invite guests to benefit from the great speakers the Program Committee is lining up for us. Here is the simple process to follow when inviting guests:
- Forward the log on information to your guest and ask them to register.
- Send an email to email@example.com with a cc to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know who your guest is.
- The email is essential because we want to a) warmly greet guests and b) we must record guests for Rotary and for our virtual system.
We appreciate your participation and look forward to welcoming your guests and, when appropriate, inviting them to become members!
Charleston Rotary Holiday Drive
Speaker Information for December
12/14/2020– Holiday Concert, “West Virginia Youth Symphony,” introduced by Pat Moyers
The West Virginia Youth Symphony celebrates its 70th year as a non-profit arts education organization that supports four music ensembles and nine chamber ensembles. Seventy-one young musicians from 7 WV and Ohio counties, and over 36 different schools are enrolled in the program. Professional musicians from the WV Symphony Orchestra and community are the conductors and coaches for the program. Although tuition based, the WV Youth Symphony offers tuition assistance for all who qualify. The WVYS has taken four successful European Performance Tours in 2000, 2006, 2012, and 2017.
Mr. Ian Jessee is the music director for the Youth Symphony. A native of Ohio, he came to WV to participate in the WV Symphony’s Artist-in-Residence program as a string instructor for the Kanawha County Schools. Mr. Jessee earned a BA degree in violin performance from Ohio State University. He performs with the WV Symphony, Ohio Valley Symphony, and is concertmaster of the River Cities Symphony Orchestra. He spends summers in Austria as a violinist in the Classical Music Festival. He has participated in the New Hampshire Music Festival, and the Bach and Beyond Baroque Music Festival in Fredonia, NY.
12/21/2020 – Holiday – No Meeting
12/28/2020 – Holiday – No Meeting
The Charleston Rotary Program Committee would to hear from you! Please click on the link below and tell us how we are doing!
Michelle Raider – December 13th
Jeremy Nelson – December 14th
35 years – Louis Southworth, II – Join Date: December 13, 1985
30 Years – Diana Sole Walko – December 14, 1990
New Proposed Member:
Greeter/Prayer for December
Please contact Mike Fidler at 304-546-8156 or email@example.com
No Greeters at this time.
LOCAL ROTARY CLUB MAKE-UP LOCATIONS
The Program Committee, they meet weekly at the Charleston Coliseum and Convention Center, directly after the regular scheduled meeting. Parking is free just let the parking attendant know you are with the Rotary Club of Charleston.
Putnam Rotary Club Meeting begins at 12:00 noon at the First State Bank Community Room
3754 Teays Valley Road
Hurricane, WV 25526
Vandalia Club meets at Edgewood Country Club. Wednesdays from 7:30-8:30 – last Wednesday of month is a social or service project.
Meeting begins 12:00 noon St. Albans Rotary Club at their new meeting location is City National Bank 560 4th Street Saint Albans, WV 25177
Other Ways to Make-up a Meeting:
1. The board unanimously approved another avenue to get additional credit for attendance. In addition to attending a committee meeting, doing an online make-up, or visiting another Rotary Club you can now get one meeting credit for every new member prospect/guest you bring to a regular Monday meeting. The credit will apply during the same quarter in which you bring the potential member/guest. This is a great way to both make up attendance and recruit new members into our club. Contact Paul White with questions.
2. To do a make-up meeting on-line, click the link below: Rotary Club Online make-up location: http://www.rotaryeclubone.org/The on-line system is set up to provide a written confirmation of the make-up to the person who actually did the make-up. The Member is then responsible for providing the confirmation to their Rotary Club Administrator. Please forward a copy of your confirmation letter to me firstname.lastname@example.org to receive proper credit, also check the weekly newsletter to see if I have listed your make up and name, if not this indicates that I did not receive your make-up notice.
Attendance Monday, December 7, 2020
Virtual Meeting Attendance:
Number of Members attended: Active: 42 Exempt: 11
Number of Guests: 2
Visiting Rotarians: 0
Total Members Attended: 55
MEMBERS ATTENDING OTHER CLUB:
Online Make-up: None