Important Rotary Club of Charleston leadership update:
Christy Elliott – New President-elect
As you may be aware, President-elect Justin Southern has accepted a new career opportunity in Hurricane, WV, which makes it necessary for him to transfer from our club. We have appreciated Justin’s work on the Program Committee, as well as his general enthusiasm and passion for Rotary, and will greatly miss him.
Our loss of Justin as a member has created and new leadership opportunity and I am pleased to report that Christy Elliott has accepted that challenge. On Thursday, November 19, the board approved moving Christy into Justin’s position of club President-elect, effective immediately. As a current board member, Christy has been very active in the Diversity and Inclusion Sub Committee of the Membership Committee and has played an important role in recruiting several new members to the club.
We thank Christy for her willingness to serve and I look forward to her continued leadership and contributions to our mission and success.
President- Rotary Club of Charleston
Message from President Welty, process for inviting guests to our virtual meetings.
To : Rotary Club of Charleston members:
Subject: Process for inviting guests to our virtual meetings
Thanks for the positive feedback and comments on our meetings! If you are attending, please continue and if not we encourage you to log on and enjoy!
I also want to ask that you continue to invite guests to benefit from the great speakers the Program Committee is lining up for us. Here is the simple process to follow when inviting guests:
- Forward the log on information to your guest and ask them to register.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cc to email@example.com letting us know who your guest is.
- The email is essential because we want to a) warmly greet guests and b) we must record guests for Rotary and for our virtual system.
We appreciate your participation and look forward to welcoming your guests and, when appropriate, inviting them to become members!
Charleston Rotary Holiday Drive
Speaker Information for November – December
11/30/2020- Harvey Peyton, “Art Selection for Appreciation, Investment and Donation,” introduced by Vic Grigoraci
Harvey and Jennifer Peyton live and practice law in Putnam County. Their office is in Nitro, WV.
They developed an interest in visual arts in the early 1990s and have been active collectors, promoters and benefactors of the arts for nearly 30 years.
Harvey has a B.A. and a J.D. from West Virginia University. He is Past President of West Virginia Association for Justice, and West Virginia Bar Association,current member of West Virginia University Museum Council and Huntington Museum Collections Committee. He is active in his community and surrounding areas and has received awards for his voluntary work.
Harvey loves to speak on the how and why of art collecting. His subjects will include the acquisition and preservation of art objects; how to get started with a collection; how to manage a collection from the standpoint of valuation,insurance and possible do native intent.
He will discuss specifically the value of works on paper as a beginning point to a great collection. Most of all, he will stress the joy of visual art and collecting at any level.
12/7/2020– Cpt. Albert Seeman, “U.S.Navy Preparedness and the Role of the Reserves,” introduced by Bob Harris
12/14/2020– Holiday Concert, “West Virginia Youth Symphony,” introduced by Pat Moyers
12/21/2020 – Holiday – No Meeting
12/28/2020 – Holiday – No Meeting
The Charleston Rotary Program Committee would to hear from you! Please click on the link below and tell us how we are doing!
Mike Fidler – November 27th
Charlie Stebbins – November 28th
Mark Davis – December 1st
15 Years – Mark Davis -Join Date: December 2, 2005
15 Years – Brad Ritchie -Join Date: December 2, 2005
New Proposed Member:
Greeter/Prayer for November
Please contact Mike Fidler at 304-546-8156 or firstname.lastname@example.org
No Greeters at this time.
LOCAL ROTARY CLUB MAKE-UP LOCATIONS
The Program Committee, they meet weekly at the Charleston Coliseum and Convention Center, directly after the regular scheduled meeting. Parking is free just let the parking attendant know you are with the Rotary Club of Charleston.
Putnam Rotary Club Meeting begins at 12:00 noon at the First State Bank Community Room
3754 Teays Valley Road
Hurricane, WV 25526
Vandalia Club meets at Edgewood Country Club. Wednesdays from 7:30-8:30 – last Wednesday of month is a social or service project.
Meeting begins 12:00 noon St. Albans Rotary Club at their new meeting location is City National Bank 560 4th Street Saint Albans, WV 25177
Other Ways to Make-up a Meeting:
1. The board unanimously approved another avenue to get additional credit for attendance. In addition to attending a committee meeting, doing an online make-up, or visiting another Rotary Club you can now get one meeting credit for every new member prospect/guest you bring to a regular Monday meeting. The credit will apply during the same quarter in which you bring the potential member/guest. This is a great way to both make up attendance and recruit new members into our club. Contact Paul White with questions.
2. To do a make-up meeting on-line, click the link below: Rotary Club Online make-up location: http://www.rotaryeclubone.org/The on-line system is set up to provide a written confirmation of the make-up to the person who actually did the make-up. The Member is then responsible for providing the confirmation to their Rotary Club Administrator. Please forward a copy of your confirmation letter to me email@example.com to receive proper credit, also check the weekly newsletter to see if I have listed your make up and name, if not this indicates that I did not receive your make-up notice.
Attendance Monday, November 23, 2020
Virtual Meeting Attendance:
No Meeting Held
MEMBERS ATTENDING OTHER CLUB:
Online Make-up: None