Message from President Welty, process for inviting guests to our virtual meetings.
To : Rotary Club of Charleston members:
Subject: Process for inviting guests to our virtual meetings
Thanks for the positive feedback and comments on our meetings! If you are attending, please continue and if not we encourage you to log on and enjoy!
I also want to ask that you continue to invite guests to benefit from the great speakers the Program Committee is lining up for us. Here is the simple process to follow when inviting guests:
- Forward the log on information to your guest and ask them to register.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cc to email@example.com letting us know who your guest is.
- The email is essential because we want to a) warmly greet guests and b) we must record guests for Rotary and for our virtual system.
We appreciate your participation and look forward to welcoming your guests and, when appropriate, inviting them to become members!
Speaker Information for October
10/5/2020 – Jared Wyrick, “WV Automobile Dealers Association,” introduced by Vic Grigoraci
10/12/20 – NO MEETING – Columbus Day
10/19/20 – Rotary Board/District Governor Sean Sawyer, “Updates from Rotary Board/District Governor Sean Sawyer
10/26/20 – Dr. Gilbert, “What’s happening at Yeager Airport’s flight school,” introduced by Dave Haden
The Charleston Rotary Program Committee would to hear from you! Please click on the link below and tell us how we are doing!
Steve Holbrook – October 3rd
Jimmie Mangus – October 3rd
Mike Clowser – October 5th
Max Knapp – October 5th
5 Years – DF Mock – Join Date: October 5, 2015
New Proposed Member:
Sarah “Sarah” Bolyard
Company/Organization: YMCA of Kanawha Valley
Business Address: 100 YMCA Drive
Charleston, WV 25311
Business Phone: 304-340-3527 ext 1135
Business email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Home Address: 1250 Mount Vernon Road
Charleston, WV 25314
Cell Phone: 304-216-0493
Proposed by: Christy Elliott
Join Date: September 28, 2020
Lt. Rebekah “Rebekah”Lind
Company/Organization:The Salvation Army
Business Address: 301 Mary Street
Business Phone: 681-265-9203 Ext. 241
Business email: Rebekah.Lind@uss.salvationarmy.org
Home Address: 1606 Greystone Road
Cell Phone: 404-576-3503
Proposed by: Mary Cook
Join Date: September 28, 2020
Greeter/Prayer for October
Please contact Mike Fidler at 304-546-8156 or email@example.com
No Greeters at this time.
LOCAL ROTARY CLUB MAKE-UP LOCATIONS
The Program Committee, they meet weekly at the Charleston Coliseum and Convention Center, directly after the regular scheduled meeting. Parking is free just let the parking attendant know you are with the Rotary Club of Charleston.
Putnam Rotary Club Meeting begins at 12:00 noon at the First State Bank Community Room
3754 Teays Valley Road
Hurricane, WV 25526
Vandalia Club meets at Edgewood Country Club. Wednesdays from 7:30-8:30 – last Wednesday of month is a social or service project.
Meeting begins 12:00 noon St. Albans Rotary Club at their new meeting location is City National Bank 560 4th Street Saint Albans, WV 25177
Other Ways to Make-up a Meeting:
1. The board unanimously approved another avenue to get additional credit for attendance. In addition to attending a committee meeting, doing an online make-up, or visiting another Rotary Club you can now get one meeting credit for every new member prospect/guest you bring to a regular Monday meeting. The credit will apply during the same quarter in which you bring the potential member/guest. This is a great way to both make up attendance and recruit new members into our club. Contact Paul White with questions.
2. To do a make-up meeting on-line, click the link below: Rotary Club Online make-up location: http://www.rotaryeclubone.org/The on-line system is set up to provide a written confirmation of the make-up to the person who actually did the make-up. The Member is then responsible for providing the confirmation to their Rotary Club Administrator. Please forward a copy of your confirmation letter to me firstname.lastname@example.org to receive proper credit, also check the weekly newsletter to see if I have listed your make up and name, if not this indicates that I did not receive your make-up notice.
Attendance Monday, September 28, 2020
Virtual Meeting Attendance:
Number of Members attended: Active: 52 Exempt: 15
Number of Guests: 3
Visiting Rotarians: 0
Total Members Attended: 70
MEMBERS ATTENDING OTHER CLUB:
Online Make-up: None