Message from President Welty, process for inviting guests to our virtual meetings.
To : Rotary Club of Charleston members:
Subject: Process for inviting guests to our virtual meetings
Thanks for the positive feedback and comments on our meetings! If you are attending, please continue and if not we encourage you to log on and enjoy!
I also want to ask that you continue to invite guests to benefit from the great speakers the Program Committee is lining up for us. Here is the simple process to follow when inviting guests:
- Forward the log on information to your guest and ask them to register.
- Send an email to email@example.com with a cc to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know who your guest is.
- The email is essential because we want to a) warmly greet guests and b) we must record guests for Rotary and for our virtual system.
We appreciate your participation and look forward to welcoming your guests and, when appropriate, inviting them to become members!
Speaker Information for September – October
9/28/2020 – Justice Evan Jenkins, “West Virginia’s Highest Court: Restoring Trust and Accountability,” introduced by Dill Battle
Justice Evan H. Jenkins was appointed to the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia by Governor Jim Justice on August 25,2018, and took the oath of office on October 1. Justice Jenkins was elected on November 6, 2018, to fill the seat vacated by the retirement of Justice Robin Davis until the end of that term on December 31, 2024.
At the time of his appointment to the bench, Justice Jenkins was a member of the United States House of Representatives, to which he was elected in 2014 and re-elected in 2016, to represent the citizens of West Virginia’s Third Congressional District. For four years he served on the House Appropriations Committee and most recently as the Vice-Chairman of the Commerce, Justice and Science Sub-Committee. He previously served three terms in the West Virginia House of Delegates, beginning in 1995, representing Cabell and Wayne counties,followed by three terms in the West Virginia Senate, from 2003 to 2014. Before his election to Congress, he was executive director of the West Virginia State Medical Association, general counsel of the West Virginia Chamber of Commerce,and taught business law at Marshall University. Justice Jenkins was admitted to the practice of law in West Virginia thirty years ago and began his legal career as an associate attorney with the Huntington law firm of Jenkins Fenstermaker, PLLC in 1988.
Justice Jenkins is a native of Huntington. He has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Florida and a law degree from the Cumberland School of Law at Samford University. Justice Jenkins and his wife, Elizabeth, live in Huntington where they raised two sons and a daughter. He is active in the community as a member of the First Presbyterian Church and has served as a volunteer leader for the American Red Cross, Boy Scouts of America,Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Tri-State Area, Foundation for the Tri-State Community, Foster Foundation, and Lily’s Place, a nationally recognized facility that cares for newborn infants suffering from drug exposure during pregnancy.
10/5/2020 – Jared Wyrick, “WV Automobile Dealers Association,” introduced by Vic Grigoraci
10/12/20 – NO MEETING – Columbus Day
10/19/20 – Rotary Board/District Governor Sean Sawyer, “Updates from Rotary Board/District Governor Sean Sawyer
10/26/20 – Dr. Gilbert, “What’s happening at Yeager Airport’s flight school,” introduced by Dave Haden
The Charleston Rotary Program Committee would to hear from you! Please click on the link below and tell us how we are doing!
Troy Giatras – September 24th
Larry Roller – September 24th
Eric Waggoner – September 24th
Steve Woomer – September 28th
Todd Goldman – September 30th
New Proposed Member:
Sarah “Sarah” Bolyard
Company/Organization: YMCA of Kanawha Valley
Business Address: 100 YMCA Drive
Charleston, WV 25311
Business Phone: 304-340-3527 ext 1135
Business email: email@example.com
Home Address: 1250 Mount Vernon Road
Charleston, WV 25314
Cell Phone: 304-216-0493
Proposed by: Christy Elliott
Greeter/Prayer for September – October
Please contact Mike Fidler at 304-546-8156 or firstname.lastname@example.org
No Greeters at this time.
LOCAL ROTARY CLUB MAKE-UP LOCATIONS
The Program Committee, they meet weekly at the Charleston Coliseum and Convention Center, directly after the regular scheduled meeting. Parking is free just let the parking attendant know you are with the Rotary Club of Charleston.
Putnam Rotary Club Meeting begins at 12:00 noon at the First State Bank Community Room
3754 Teays Valley Road
Hurricane, WV 25526
Vandalia Club meets at Edgewood Country Club. Wednesdays from 7:30-8:30 – last Wednesday of month is a social or service project.
Meeting begins 12:00 noon St. Albans Rotary Club at their new meeting location is City National Bank 560 4th Street Saint Albans, WV 25177
Other Ways to Make-up a Meeting:
1. The board unanimously approved another avenue to get additional credit for attendance. In addition to attending a committee meeting, doing an online make-up, or visiting another Rotary Club you can now get one meeting credit for every new member prospect/guest you bring to a regular Monday meeting. The credit will apply during the same quarter in which you bring the potential member/guest. This is a great way to both make up attendance and recruit new members into our club. Contact Paul White with questions.
2. To do a make-up meeting on-line, click the link below: Rotary Club Online make-up location: http://www.rotaryeclubone.org/The on-line system is set up to provide a written confirmation of the make-up to the person who actually did the make-up. The Member is then responsible for providing the confirmation to their Rotary Club Administrator. Please forward a copy of your confirmation letter to me email@example.com to receive proper credit, also check the weekly newsletter to see if I have listed your make up and name, if not this indicates that I did not receive your make-up notice.
Attendance Monday, September 21, 2020
Virtual Meeting Attendance:
Number of Members attended: Active: 46 Exempt: 13
Number of Guests: 12
Visiting Rotarians: 1
Total Members Attended: 72
MEMBERS ATTENDING OTHER CLUB:
Online Make-up: None